I'm on a speaking tour through Europe and in my love for hacker spaces around the globe I stopped by Le Loop yesterday and had a blast. I was able to confirm a date with ToM to hold an event this weekend. This talk will be in English (I don't know French) but discussion in any language is encouraged. Here's some more information:
- Date: Saturday, 28th June 2014
- Time: 4pm - 6pm
- Location: Le Loop 20 rue de Reuilly, Paris
In the current landscape of media and communication, our world is undergoing immense and rapid transformations in the breadth, and format of how we interconnect. At the same time, it is difficult for even the most technically adept to fully comprehend the scope of these projects. This talk is a musing on the ideas behind online identity and mass communication in the 21st century. It intends to partially unravel the mystery behind networked social identity, as well as provide the tools for even the technically-disinclined to understand the possibilities for control, surveillance, freedom, and liberated identity within this new topology.
Some included topics:
- Online surveillance, and how deleting your Facebook isn’t enough
- Big Data analytics: why your data is worth money, and the (im)possibility of privacy
- Theories and Paradoxes in a hyper-connected future
- Alternative internets, (or darkness) and what they represent.